2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
3. Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
7. In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
8. For the topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
9. Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling