Christmas is the perfect time to pull up great family recipes and indulge in the most effortlessly classic meals.
One of the most perfect dishes that brings a flood of warm, fuzzy feelings is French toast. Dredged in a delicately sweet mixture of milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon, traditional French toast is truly the most timeless breakfast recipe.
In the spirit of Christmas, we have added a little flair to the regular French toast in our delicious recipe below. This is absolutely ideal for those who’d love to use up their leftover eggnog!
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- Slices of bread
- Syrup and whipped cream for topping
- Pour eggnog, eggs, nutmeg, and rum extract into a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Dredge slices of bread in eggnog mixture.
- Melt some butter in a sauté pan, and cook toast until they’re golden brown.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream, fruit, or any of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Watch the video below to see how easily eggnog French toast can be put together.