* 3 eggs
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2/3 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* confectioners’ sugar for dusting
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
* In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for five minutes. Gradually mix in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the batter.
* Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the center springs back when touched. Loosen edges with a knife. Turn out on two dishtowels that have been dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Roll up cake using towels, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, spread with filling, and roll up. Place pumpkin roll on a long sheet of waxed paper, and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Wrap cake in waxed paper, and twist ends of waxed paper like a candy wrapper. Refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled; before slicing, dust with additional confectioners’ sugar. enjoy and trick or treat…