Nana’s Chicken Enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 Tbsp. butter
4 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (or 2 ) (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20 min and then under high broil for 4 min to brown the cheese.
This is one of my families favorite recipes thus far. Must share with your family !