This is a fun recipe you can make with your kids. All you will need to make 12 adorable and scary cake pops are:
Here is what you will need to make the cake pops.
Half of Pre-baked sheet cake
1/4 cup of your favorite frosting
Candy Melt coating
Orange, green, and black food coloring.
White candy sprinkles in shape of bones. (Can be purchased at Michael’s)
Green colored chocolate covered sunflower seeds
12 lollipop sticks
Tooth picks for decorating.
Black edible ink marker.
Here are the steps to make the cake pops.
- Put a pre baked cake into a food processor and mix until cake is grinded down into fine crumbs
- Place cake crumbs into mixing bowl and add a 1/4 cup of your favorite frosting and mix. You can continue to mix and knead the cake pop dough with your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out dough and use your hands to shape the dough balls into round shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Then shape the dough into the specific characters as shown in video. Pear shape for ghosts, oval for pumpkins and marshmallow shape for Frankenstein monster.
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Mix candy melt coating with food coloring to coat cake pops.
- Take pop sticks and dip in candy melt coating before sticking into cake pops.
- Dip cake pops into candy melt coating and tap off excess.
- Follow the video at the 2:45 mark for details on completing the details on the Ghost, Pumpkin, and Frankenstein cake pops.