- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c shredded coconuts
- 1 c finely chopped walnuts
- 5 egg whites [beat for stiff peaks]
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder [optional]
- CAKE ICING
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c whipping cream
- 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c coconut, shredded
Serves: 10-12, Prep: 45 Min, Cook: 55 Min
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Cream butter with sugar and add vanilla.
- 2. Separate the eggs. Beat the whites until soft peaks form – and set aside. Cream the egg yolks, butter and sugar. Set them aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: Sifted flour, baking powder and the baking soda. [it doesn’t call for baking powder but I like my cakes to stand high]
- 4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture a little at a time alternating with the buttermilk (about 1/4 cup at a time).
- 2 5. Next mix in walnuts and coconut.
- 6. With a spatula gently fold in your egg whites into the batter by making the figure 8 pattern.
- 7. Spoon the batter into your greased bundt pan making it as even as you can.